THE CITY OF WELDON SPRING’S FISCAL YEAR 2023 BUDGET OUTLOOK
Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 ended on 09/30/2022 & the FY2023 budget is finalized.
The City of Weldon Spring operates on a fiscal year beginning on October 1st and ending on September 30th. As we approach these dates, the FY 2022 Budget cycle nears its conclusion, and city officials are working on the final preparations for the FY 2023 Budget.
A LOOK BACK AT FY 2022 ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
• Major maintenance and repairs to city facilities
• Continued roadway maintenance of concrete and asphalt streets, including emergency replacement of a 60” culvert pipe on back Wolfrum Rd.
• Passage of Prop S establishing a 1% dedicated sales tax to fund roadway and policing activities
• Analysis and enhancement of Policing Services Agreement with St. Charles County Police Department
• Partnership with the O’Fallon Municipal Court to oversee and administer the Weldon Spring Municipal Court operations starting January 2023
• Completion of the City’s first city-wide Parks & Greenways Master Plan
• Transfer of individual private grinder pumps within the former NID to all but two property owners
• Adoption of a Business Attraction and Retention Policy
A LOOK FORWARD FY2023 BUDGET DRAFT IDENTIFIES THE FOLLOWING PRIORITIES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
• Design & construction of multiple “short” trail/walkway connections throughout the City
• Completion of a Community Center/City Hall facility conditions and needs analysis to establish a plan
• Design & construction of new park structures/amenities for the Weldon Spring City Park
• Development of a new neighborhood park along Siedentop Rd.
• Significant increase in funding towards major roadway maintenance activities, including concrete slab replacement, asphalt overlays, and replacing two additional 60” culvert pipes on back Wolfrum Rd.
Look for additional updates and details at weldonspring.org and the next City Newsletter
Back to the list